Why is it important for my business to be a PDBA Member?
PDBA helps its members increase their business and strengthen the overall Pearl District business community. Membership and sponsorship contributions help the PDBA continue its efforts to promote and strengthen the Pearl District business community through THE PEARL magazine, the official website (www.explorethepearl.com), advertising campaigns, consumer promotions, membership events, and strategic partnerships with Venture Portland, Travel Portland, Portland Pearl Rotary, Portland Business Alliance and more.
What is included in my membership?
PDBA Membership benefits include:
- Website Benefits. Members receive a full profile with the ability to post unlimited events on the official site for the Pearl District, www.explorethepearl.com. Easy to use tutorial provided to members to assist with website needs.
- THE PEARL Coverage. Business listing in THE PEARL magazine with the potential to be seen by 200,000+ readers.
- Opportunity for Editorial Coverage in THE PEARL. We use editorial space exclusively for articles that benefit PDBA members.
- Advertising Opportunities. PDBA members get exclusive first access to discounted advertising opportunities in both THE PEARL magazine and explorethepearl.com
- PDBA Events. Opportunity to participate in membership meetings, networking events, and other functions. During these events, you are able to communicate with other business partners in the community and learn about important happenings in the Pearl. Additionally, the PDBA puts on events such as The Bunny Hop, Style in the Pearl, The Labor Day Sale, and Celebrate the Pearl to promote the Pearl as a district. PDBA members receive discounted advertising rates in both PDBA produced events and third-party Pearl District events.
- Committee Networking. When you become a member with the PDBA you have the opportunity to join a committee and become involved in your association by contributing to its growth.
- Social Media Promotion. Facebook – Exposure through “Explore the Pearl” Facebook page, with thousands of followers. Twitter – “Explore the Pearl” Twitter account monitored by the PDBA so that every member’s event posts are re-tweeted. The potential for your message to reach thousands of Twitter followers. Instagram – #pearlportland used in Instagram and Twitter to promote the area and upcoming events in The Pearl.
Who receives THE PEARL Magazine?
Published in partnership with Saga City, the publisher of Portland Monthly, this full-color, glossy publication is now averaging about 40 pages per issue. Total circulation rate of 35,000 copies. 25,000 copies of THE PEARL magazine are distributed to Portland Monthly Subscribers via polybag to select zip codes. In addition, the magazine is mailed directly to residents and businesses within the Pearl District. An online version of THE PEARL magazine is now available on www.explorethepearl.com/thepearl. Editorial coverage is devoted to promoting our 200+ PDBA Members and business partners. PDBA owns the content of THE PEARL magazine which allows members to repurpose content onto their websites and social media channels at no additional cost.
How do I promote events taking place at my business?
PDBA promotes member events in several ways: the event calendar, through the Explore the Pearl Facebook page, monthly member to member newsletters, and e-mail blasts. Click to view an easy-to-use tutorial to directly post unlimited events online.
How do I become more involved in the community?
In the PDBA we give our members the opportunity to join one of our three committees: Events, Marketing & Communication, and Membership. By joining one of these committees you can connect with other members in the Pearl and become involved in events in the Pearl that are the most important to you.