Explore the Pearl by Bicycle
Portland is one of the world’s most bike-friendly cities, which has made getting around on two wheels much more effortless and satisfying. Portland’s Pearl District boasts 5-miles of easy-to-ride bike lanes.
Travel by Streetcar
Portland Streetcar, the first modern streetcar system in the country, is owned and operated by the City of Portland. The three routes connect the Pearl District to Northwest Portland, Portland City Center, PSU, South Waterfront District, Central Eastside and the Lloyd District. 15,000 Portlanders a day utilize the system.
Get Here by Bus
TriMet buses serve people from Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington counties. Many bus lines connect with the MAX Light Rail.
Take the Light Rail
TriMet’s MAX Light Rail system connects Portland, Gresham, Beaverton, Hillsboro and the Portland Airport. The five lines are:
- Westside Blue Line – Hillsboro – City Center
- Eastside Blue Line – Gresham – City Center
- Red Line – Portland Airport – City Center – Beaverton
- Green Line – Clackamas – City Center – Portland State University
- Yellow Line – Expo Center – City Center – Portland State University