As Oregon’s flagship college of art and design since 1909, Pacific Northwest College of Art has helped shape Oregon’s visual arts landscape for more than a century. PNCA students study with award-winning faculty in small classes. In the last ten years, PNCA has doubled both the student body and full-time faculty, quadrupled its endowment, and added innovative undergraduate and graduate programs.
PNCA has recently met the $15 million goal of its capital campaign, Creativity Works Here, launched in June 2012 in support of the development of a new campus with a lead gift from The Harold & Arlene Schnitzer CARE Foundation of $5 million.
PNCA moved to a new campus centered on Portland’s North Park Blocks in January 2015. The College’s new main campus flagship, the Arlene and Harold Schnitzer Center for Art and Design is located at 511 NW Broadway in an historic federal building completely renovated with a contemporary, light-filled interior designed by noted architect Brad Cloepfil of Allied Works Architecture.
Throwing its doors open to the greater community, PNCA’s new home is a dynamic platform for creativity and entrepreneurship, reflecting the influential role of art and design in our 21st century economy – both in Portland and beyond.