The Pearl District Labor Day Sale takes place September 1 – 4, 2017, the same weekend as Art in the Pearl, which brings over 100,000 visitors to the district. This annual sale is a great opportunity to take advantage of holiday travelers as well as local shoppers interested in Art in the Pearl.
Thank you for participating in the Pearl District Labor Day Sale, September 1st-4th! Here are a few pointers to help us all have the most successful sale ever. We can help each other promote via our social media and email accounts, bringing more visitors to the Pearl to help us all. If you think of another great way to promote, please share!
- Hang your poster (coming soon) 2 weeks before the event
- Join the Facebook event (coming soon)
- Start telling your customers that it’s coming so they remember to come back for the sale and Art in the Pearl
- Promote via Facebook and Twitter at least 2 times per week for the 2 weeks prior to it and daily from the day before through the end of the event. You can find graphics to promote the sale below.
- Link to Explore the Pearl’s page on Facebook: @explorethePearl and on Twitter: @PearlPortland
- Use #PearlPortland #LaborDaySale #PDXevents #Sale #ArtinthePearl in your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter posts.
- Promote on your blog once a week starting 2 weeks prior to the event if you have a blog. You can find graphics to promote the sale below.
- Send emails to your email audience starting 2 weeks prior to event, once a week and once the day before the event starts.
- Include Facebook event link and Explore the Pearl event link (coming soon) in your emails.
- Send out information to any media/blogger contacts you have as soon as possible.
- If you are on Instagram, share photos of your sale tables or set-up throughout the event.
- We are using lime green as our branding color. Purchase some lime green balloons filled with helium to add to your a-board or outside racks during the sale. This is a great way to lead customers to the next store “follow the green balloons!”
Let us know if you have other tips that can help us all out! Thank you so much for participating, we hope it’s a super successful sale for you!
Download the web badges and banners below and link to ExplorethePearl.com to help promote the sale. Remember: a rising tide lifts all ships!