Explore the Pearl by Bike
Portland is one of the world’s most bike friendly cities, which has made getting around on two wheels much more effortless and satisfying. Portland’s Pearl District boasts 5-miles of easy-to-ride bike lanes.
Get Here by Bus
TriMet buses serve people from Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington counties. Many bus lines connect with the MAX Light Rail.
Take the Light Rail
TriMet’s MAX Light Rail system connects Portland, Gresham, Beaverton, Hillsboro and the Portland Airport. The five lines are:
- Westside Blue Line – Hillsboro – City Center
- Eastside Blue Line – Gresham – City Center
- Red Line – Portland Airport – City Center – Beaverton
- Green Line – Clackamas – City Center – Portland State University
- Yellow Line – Expo Center – City Center – Portland State University
Travel by Streetcar
The Portland Streetcar, one of the most modern systems in the country, is owned and operated by the City of Portland. The fleet of streetcars connects Northwest Portland, the Pearl District, Portland City Center, PSU and the South Waterfront District. 12, 000 Portlanders a day utilize the 4.8-mile route that loops from NW 23rd Avenue through the Pearl District, and along 10th and 11th Avenues to Portland City Center.