The Mission of the Pearl District Business Association is to promote the Pearl District as the region’s premier destination for dining, shopping, art, and living. Our goal is to enhance the vitality of business by providing value to or members and to our community.
Under the guidance of the Board of Directors, the PDBA is responsible for many activities and initiatives, including:
- Public Advocacy – every aspect from street signage to negotiating street closures, and representing the Pearl District in future City planning.
- Management and Administration of the ExploreThePearl.com Website
- Management of the content of The Pearl magazine.
- Creating media partnerships for programs like the Pearl District Business Association Member Map and Guide in The Pearl magazine. And creating further strategic media relationships with groups like The Oregonian, Portland Picks, Pamplin Media Group, Mix Magazine, The Where to Eat Guide, OregonLive, and Travel Portland.
- Production of the PDBA Member eNewsletter
- Scheduling and Hosting of PDBA Networking Events
Marketing + Advertising Campaigns include:
- Style in the Pearl Fashion Shows and Sales
- First Thursdays in the Pearl
- Pearl District Home Furnishing Sample Sale
- Summer Advertising Campaign
- Summer Parkways
- Pearl District Labor Day Sale
- Pearl District Holidays in the Pearl