10,000 Hands is a movement to celebrate diversity.
Chase, age 11, wanted to bring people together so she started a movement called 10,000 Hands, to celebrate diversity through a collection of hand drawings. She is asking people of all races, genders, and ages to trace or draw their hand, decorate it, and then add a feeling or quality from the heart.
Submit your hand
Through the month of August, Pearl businesses will be helping 10,000 hands raise as many hands as possible from the Pearl District. These businesses will have hand-tracing stations throughout the month of August where anyone can go to create and submit their hand.
CENTRL Office -1355 NW Everett St
CryoPDX -1128 NW 13th Ave
Mon-Fri 8am-7pm, Saturday 8am-4pm, Sunday 10am-3pm
Gann Brothers Printing -1410 NW Johnson St
Inn at Northrup Station -2025 NW Northrup St
J. Pepin Art Gallery -319 NW 9th Ave
Tues-Sat 12pm-5:30, Sunday 12pm-4pm
World Foods -830 NW Everett St
- No one deserves to be or feel alone.
- Even if we look different, we are all connected.
- Our differences should not separate us but bring us together.
- 10,000 Hands will bring people together by helping people feel that they belong.
- Together, we can change the world for the better
Follow Explore the Pearl on Facebook for an up-to-date count on the number of hands we’ve received, and help us reach our goal of getting Chase to 10,000 hands!